7.14.2010

Strawberry Poppyseed Salad


Is anyone wondering if I'm still alive and kickin'? Well, in case you were wondering...and even if you're not - life's been...well, h to the ectic! Being a new mommy is hard enough. But being a new mommy on a new diet is even harder! C'mon, we all know I do flips for food but this is no longer the case. Don't get all teary-eyed on me just yet. I'm not shuttin' the pink pistach down. I just haven't been cooking as delish and decidante lately. My lil' newborn boytoy has allergies to dairy, soy, and wheat. So that totally puts royal restrictions on what I can eat (for the time being - say a few months). BOO with a ginormo frowny face!!! Yeah, tell me about it. So pretty much my life has consisted of meat, more meat, veggies - LOADS of veggies, and fruitybatooty up to the ceiling. I guess one positive is I've totally shed all the baby weight. Don't worry; I won't post pics so you don't hate me, already. I'll be courteous - you're welcome. So hmm...maybe I should post the recipes I've been creatin' lately for all you's who want to shed an el bee or two. Let me know your thoughts...

Even if you're not on a diet this salad is one I make every summer and crave it (yes, even though I have no legit excuse now that I'm no longer preggers). I still pull the, "But sweets, I'm craving it" card every now and again - and luverbuns totally gets weak in the knees anyway. Okay, the recipe already. Sorry. Seriously, sorry.

Ingredients:
Organic romaine hearts (I use one per person)
Organic sliced strawberries (so important to go 'ganic on strawberries - they're one of the dirty dozen)
Organic blueberries
Cubed granny smith apples
Chopped walnuts or pecans
-Normally, I also throw in cubed fresh pineapple and diced oranges but didn't have them tonight
One grilled organic chicken breast (per person) sliced thin. I grill it using herbs de provence as the seasoning

Poppy Seed Dressing: Mix Well in a Blender
3/4 cup light olive oil
3/4 tablespoon poppy seeds
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 green onion
1/3 teaspoon dry mustard
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup fructose or sugar

1 comment:

Em said...

yay!!! can't wait to try it. you'll have an entirely new inspiration for recipes now:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...