12.02.2010

Cranberry Orange Granola

Hooked! My whole family has officially converted to homemade granola. What do I get myself into?!? Homemade dog food, now homemade granola instead of dried boxed cereal, what's next? I have myself to blame. But honestly I guess it's bc I know too much to feed my fam fake food. So yeah, it's actually really easy to make, is seriously a fraction of the retail cost, makes a ton (2 gallon sized ziplocks), and has endless possibilities. Try it - you'll thank me.

Ingredients:

8 C rolled oats (no instant)
1 C Sunflower Seeds (raw, unsalted)
1 C Sesame Seeds
1 C Coconut Flakes
1 C flax seeds
2 C dried orange flavored cranberries
1 t. salt (or to taste)

1 C Honey (can substitute agave nectar)
1 C Light Olive Oil
2 t. Vanilla

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 190. Incorporate all dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup combine all wet ingredients and stir until incorporated. Gradually pour the wet ingredients over the dry while mixing/stirring with a rubber spatula. Once it's completely mixed, pour onto 2 large cookie sheets. Spread the mixture evening with the spatula. Put sheets in the 2 center racks of your oven. Bake for 1 hour. Take out both sheets and stir the granola and rotate the pans switching the sheet that was on top rack to the bottom and vice versa. Bake for one more hour. Take out and let cool completely. Once cooled, you can store it in freezer ziplocks, dried cereal containers, or large jars. Pretty much anything that's air tight.

Use it as a cereal in the morning, a topping for fruit and yogurt, or even as a topping to vanilla ice-cream. This stuff is nummy and the ingredient possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

we had the most delicious homemade granola in Hawaii. This totally reminds me of it (except it has macadamia nuts.) I'll have to try this. Thanks friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...