10.06.2010

Easier than Instant Oatmeal

Packaged "just add water" food makes me have the creepers. Something about it just eerks me that it's more of a science project rather than edible nutricious food. So instead of grabbing for an instant oatmeal pack - dig into a jar of REAL oats. I keep mine on my counter alongside my baking jars.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup water
dash of salt
1 T flaxseeds
dash of cinnamon
6 raspberries
optional: honey to sweeten

Directions:
add oats, water, salt, and flaxseeds in a microwaveable bowl. stir. microwave for 1 min or 1 min 30 secs depending on your microwave. Add rapsberries (or fruit of choice), honey, and cinnamon to the hot oatmeal and stir. I like to "mash" my raspberries up to flavor the entire bowl! SOOOO yummy and tastes way better than the packaged stuff.

1 comment:

Matt and Autumn Stone said...

that's what I eat every morning for breakfast!! oatmeal, cinn and raspberries! yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...